Score - 87
Rackspace Hosting is the leader in the 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting and has been honored by Fortune, Forbes, and others. The company is an audited AWS Managed Service Provider and AWS DevOps Competency partner in the Amazon Partner Network (APN).
The company helps businesses tap the power of cloud computing without the complexity and cost of managing it on their own. Services offered by the firm includes e-commerce, Web content management, Website hosting, data services, office mail and collaboration, and private clouds.
Advisory Services: For technology strategy, security and compliance, application assessment and migration, and DevOps automation
A team of engineers who have achieved professional and associate AWS certifications delivers specialized expertise, easy-to-use tools, and Fanatical Support® for leading technologies developed by AWS, Google, Microsoft, OpenStack, VMware, and others. The company has in-depth knowledge of complementary DevOps technologies, including Docker, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, and others.
The Company serves customers in 120 countries, including two-thirds of the FORTUNE 100. The Company has operations located across the United States, as well as in London, Amsterdam, Zurich, Hong Kong, Sydney, and Mexico City.
Description : Latest News and Hosting Review Rackspace offering Managed private cloud supporting multiple platforms including OpenStack, VMware® Private Cloud, and Microsoft® Private CloudAddress : 1 Fanatical Place City of Windcrest
By sona Reviewed 10/08/2017
By Kapil Dev Sharma Reviewed 24/06/2017
Rackspace Named a Leader in Independent Evaluation of the Forrester Research, Inc. June 2017 report, The Forrester Wave™, for Hosted Private Cloud Services. The company had achieved Highest Score in business technology vision, market approach, partner ecosystem, Strategy and Automation Capabilities for its OpenStack Private Cloud Offering. The Rackspace was among vendors that scored the highest for the self-service portal and user interface, integration strength, service level agreements (SLAs), storage and contract agreements.
Forrester Research, Inc., The Forrester Wave™: Hosted Private Cloud Services, North America, Q2 2017: In report evaluated nine vendors based on 33 criteria including current offering, strategy and market presence.
By Saji Reviewed 28/05/2015
I have been consulting for a company since last 5 years. The company has its server hosted at Rackspace. We have been enjoying the hosting services provided by Rackspace for some time now. We have been using Rackspace for last 12 years and never had any issues with hosting or with respect to support from Rackspace.
Recently we upgraded our server at the hosting to a more powerful one and the Rackspace team helped us through the entire migration process and to stabilize the applications and environments in our new server. On top of this they also provided support for stuffs which no hosting company is liable for like switching applications and data migration to new application etc.
They have a very nice administration panel to manage devices, firewalls and networks for our account.
We have never experienced any downtime due to network,bandwidth, hardware, maintenance schedules or any thing else. Even though there are maintenance schedules but those are hardly noticeable.
They have a fantastic support team. Their support team is highly trained and efficient and is definitely one of the best and each and every individual support member tries to resolve your issues with minimum effort to be put from your side.
The only thing that they don`t have or don`t support as of now is free hosting, this could have drawn so many customers to them. I just hope they make a free tier available.
I definitely like Rackspace over any other hosting and would recommend to others.
By Alex Reviewed 19/03/2015
Rackspace company`s CEO stated his words that lower infrastructure prices are really hallmark of cloud and making infrastructure available everywhere. Company is simplifying the complexity for customers, managing the apps in a cloud and making them work and create value. Company is providing fanatical support and innovative technology.
By Elson Reviewed 16/03/2015
Rackspace has served as title sponsor for the fifth annual FIRST Robotics Alamo Regional Championship which has taken place on 13-03-2015 and 14-03-2015 at the Henry B. Gonzalez convention center. company has donated $100,000 for event and provided volunteer`s team to help out with event. FIRST robotics is created to encourage young people for pursuing careers in STEM.
By Deon H Reviewed 12/03/2015
Rackspace has maintained a production server infrastructure which is migrated from datacenter by HiTech service. Migration was completed in three days; one day to get ready for data transfer, one day for migration and another one for the final check up.
By Roger Reviewed 11/03/2015
Rackspace has launched two new managed cloud service tiers in Australia named as managed infrastructure and managed operations to differentiate it from their main competitor.
By Michael Reviewed 05/03/2015
Rackspace has announced that Tinder, matchmaking mobile app is governing ObjectRocket by Rackspace. Company provides Tinder with infinitely scalable, database-as-a-service platform. Company offers fully managed public and private cloud solutions that span relational, NoSQL platform.
By James Weber Reviewed 03/03/2015
Rackspace has announced that it may partner with large cloud-computing operators such as Amazon.com Inc. and Microsoft Corp. for revenue growth. Company has a team which is looking at supporting customers who are renting computing services from other providers.
By Daniel Reviewed 02/03/2015
Rackspace has announced a warning to the customers of upcoming reboots in terms to address a new Xen hypervisor security issue. It has also notified to the customers of the issue, which will affect a subset of a portion of its first and next generation cloud servers.
By Alex Reviewed 27/02/2015
Rackspace is offering an in-place upgrade path for its managed private cloud.
It launched Rackspace Private Cloud Version 10, a new version of its managed private cloud that offers
"first-class service with in-place upgrades."
By Elton Reviewed 27/02/2015
Rackspace co-founder and Chairman Graham Weston is making a big investment in educating the future high-tech workforce in San Antonio by partnering with the University of Texas at San Antonio on the launch of its new Open Cloud Institute.
By John C Reviewed 20/02/2015
Rackspace Hosting Inc. has opened an office in Mexico City, the company`s first in Latin America. Rackspace has a strong European presence and has been expanding in the Asian Pacific markets as well as in Australia and New Zealand. Latin America will be the biggest international push for the cloud hosting company in 2015.
By Grame N Reviewed 20/02/2015
Rackspace Appoints John Harper to Board of Directors. John is a well-respected industry veteran with a strong track record of helping to drive financial success for leading technology companies. John`s extensive background in finance and technology makes him a valued addition to the Board.
By Milos Reviewed 14/02/2015
Rackspace has announced that it is providing free Rackspace managed cloud services in support of world arts project. This will allow the charity website to handle thousands of submissions from schools across UK.
By Paul Reviewed 10/02/2015
Rackspace has received a buy rating from First call in their declaration. The rating agency has disclosed the information in the equity research recommendation. Company has climbed 0.21 points to end the trading session 0.44% higher.
By Brandon Reviewed 07/02/2015
Rackspace has selected the DCIM (Data Center Infrastructure Management) software of FieldView Solutions. Rackspace is furnishing the solution to automatically compile facility power, cooling and available space into their global operations.
By Roberto Reviewed 30/01/2015
Rackspace has announced 2015 Rackspace Cloud Thought leadership conference in San Francisco on March 4, 2015. This one day event will focus on company`s customers which will discuss about IT challenges using the latest digital, data, cloud and virtualization technologies.
By D Novak Reviewed 29/01/2015
Rackspace has announced support for fully managed Microsoft SQL Server 2014 In-Memory OLTP and AlwaysOn Availability. With the help of DBA service customers can now use Rackspace DBA to rapidly migrate or upgrade existing workloads to SQL Server 2014 on its managed cloud.
By Greg Reviewed 22/01/2015
Rackspace has announced to offer VMware, Microsoft or Openstack manged private clouds without any changes in the pricing model for its partners or customers. They are offering according to the choice of channel and customers.
By Arian Reviewed 15/01/2015
Rackspace will host Redis Conference which will be in San Francisco on March 5, 2015. The conference has organized for developers and database administrators. The CEO of company has stated that community will help to increase cloud innovation. The company will also discuss business, technical track and ongoing commitment to open source databases in the conference.
By Mathew Reviewed 09/01/2015
Rackspace has been named as a key player in global data center colocation and managed hosting services by 2015-2019 research report of ReportsnReports.com. By the study; company is providing increase amount of storage and application deployment over the internet day by day. The company has excelled in data and network traffic, and accepted the challenges in complexity of network infrastructure.
By Jimmy Reviewed 09/01/2015
Rackspace has announced that Made-in-China.com has increased its website traffic over 2000% by using rackspace managed cloud platform. The ecommerce company server has monitored and managed, backed by 100% uptime guarantee and getting response by fanatical support team of Rackspace.
By Yacob Reviewed 08/01/2015
Rackspace has announced to sponsor a clinic this weekend for middle school and high school students and their coaches who are participating in the annual CyberPatriot competition. Team employees at Rackspace are called mentors during the day-long event at Rackspace headquarters.
By Adrian Reviewed 06/01/2015
Rackspace is offering OpenStack-based next generation cloud to those customers who still run workloads on old infrastructure. The company will start notifying clients that their server is eligible for new migration. Server will have interaction through new API when migration has been done. Now customers can get rid of old version Slicehost-based First generation cloud servers.
By Eric Reviewed 01/01/2015
Rackspace, Lumos is offering the expected year-end roundedup of top ten surprises means things are less than 50%. Rackspace have cut the price in their cloud computing offerings and has announced a partnership with Google or Microsoft, Synesael muses.
By Alex Reviewed 24/12/2014
Rackspace recovered from DDOS attack as portion of legitimate traffic to their DNS infrastructure was blocked. Attack targeted on DNS servers in their IAD, ORD AND LON data centers. To overcome this problem service was designed to protect their infrastructure due to nature of event
By Sam J Reviewed 22/12/2014
Rackspace has announced to stop offering commodity Iaas cloud services and representing Managed Cloud, a return to the companys roots. Rackspace manages all the complexities of cloud which differentiates a business from its competitors.
By Martin G Reviewed 19/12/2014
Rackspace is reducing its dependency on Intel Corp. (INTC) chips by shifting its servers to the modified IBM processors. It is using computer processors which are based on IBM Power designs. The company is focusing on customers need and controls the industry issues. Now the company has more options by replacing old chip.
By Sam J Reviewed 17/12/2014
Rackspace has joined the OpenPower foundation for opening access to the low-level of servers with chips, buses, boards and firmware. The partnership has an aim for enabling the server vendor design its customized server, networking storage hardware for future data centers and cloud computing. The company wants a new platform for production and integrates along with Openstack cloud services.
1. are you going with rackspace for your dedicated server needs? see the @tygrscott full review here: http://t.co/mhsjvrlxjg #hosting--HostingChoose
2. @furaffinity, given it`s size and complexity, should really be on hosting services like rackspace or amazon aws, and not some cut rate host.--w2ccr
3. $rax rackspace hosting, inc. end-of-day quote alert from our stock news alerts app--Allstocknews
4. most popular tweets pertaining to $rax (rackspace hosting inc symbol rax) on 10/21/2014 http://t.co/zhlwmxqh20--tickerchirp
5. #wcsatx shoutout to our newest premier sponsor cloudsites by @rackspace. if you have big hosting needs, check them out. #wordpress #webdev--WordCampSATX
6. rackspace hosting $rax showing resistance near $36.11 ( http://t.co/awswbjwooe )--micenter
7. rackspace hosting given average rating of “buy” by analysts (nyse:rax) http://t.co/ykjfsi7a3s--mideasttimenews
8. $rax - rackspace hosting, inc. (nyse:rax) releases rackconnectâ® v3 - http://t.co/ejawabsmvo--financialmovers
9. rackspace opens first latam office in mexico city: (telecompaper) hosting provider rackspace has opened its fi... http://t.co/u5jqatsgi6--TelecomTrend
10. heading to rackspace hosting for lunch today! we love our rackspace employees!!--cheesyjanes
11. rackspace plans 500 new jobs at highland mall in austin: rackspace inc., the san antonio-based web hosting company… http://t.co/0lrd885bbq--SanAntonioCP
12. we are at rackspace hosting for lunch today. sorry, not open to the public. rackers and guests of rackers only.--KHILLBBQCompany
13. the current watch list of jpmorgan chase, rackspace hosting, entergy… http://t.co/rhtyalurky #shippingnews--sellcontainers
14. docker meetup even (at @rackspace managed hosting in austin, tx) https://t.co/ifcvrl5dsy--bluk
15. docket meetup (at @rackspace managed hosting in austin, tx) https://t.co/edil2glq3f--bluk
16. $rax rackspace hosting, inc. end-of-day quote alert from our stock news alerts app--Allstocknews
17. gigalayer could be the first hosting company in nigeria to bring 100% uptime to dns on clustered cloud servers. we`re in the rackspace zone!--mukoshy
18. eye catching stocks: rackspace hosting (nyse:rax), stemcells ... http://t.co/w0dlpnoqw5--SFranciscoTNews
19. looking to switch hosting companies for our ecommerce website. @rackspace has let us down repeatedly. i cannot take it any longer. #help--mcpactions
20. #startups! receive help with your hosting costs with the @rackspaceuk startup programme! http://t.co/ht30xs7mpm--Simpleweb
21. option millionaires: nlightn: $rax,...rackspace hosting, inc.,..reporting earnings today, aug 11 after mkt http://t.co/1cjchtl7sj--PerforM84697233
22. nlightn: $rax,...rackspace hosting, inc.,..reporting earnings today, aug 11 after mkt http://t.co/2jgoltva9z--strader55
23. resultados corporativos usa: aramak, caesars entertainment, dean foods, icu medical, priceline, rackspace hosting y sysco.--eBursatil
24. $rax: rackspace hosting: a falling knife or an acquisition play? http://t.co/akjkylmo7b http://t.co/emhtfahzdt--CordiaBranam
25. rackspace hosting, inc.: 53 (-0.57%) http://t.co/toroeettey $rax #rackspacehosting #sentiment #stock #analysis #bigdata--StockFluence
26. $rax alert: new rackspace hosting, inc. sec filing from our stock news alerts app--Allstocknews
27. new article: update 1-rackspace results beat estimates as web-hosting demand rises read more at here http://t.co/cm5hjvr8pj--fecima
28. $rax rackspace hosting, inc. end-of-day quote alert from our stock news alerts app--Allstocknews
29. this sounds cool! rt @nikkitirado - @hui_kenneth : hosting an #openstack neutron ipv6 hackathon @rackspace nyc office. looks awesome!--TeamARIN
30. $rax stocks buzz: international game technology (nyse:igt), rackspace hosting ... http://t.co/kflhghtujz--VernSonnenberg
Key Selling Points
Services Offered: Managed private cloud solutions that support multiple platforms including OpenStack, VMware® Private Cloud, and Microsoft® Private Cloud.
Number of Customers: In 150 countries, which includes more than half of the FORTUNE 100
Support: Provides Fanatical-Support addressing three critical areas where customers need support along their cloud journey. The company Engineers deliver specialized expertise, easy-to-use tools, and Fanatical Support® for leading technologies including AWS, Google, Microsoft, OpenStack, and VMware.
What for Customers?